Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Would you take him on in a pick-up game?

A Charlotte Observer reporter sat down with the Charlotte Bobcats' Sean May, a former UNC Tar Heel and No. 13 pick in the 2005 draft. The topic, among others: pick-up games around Chapel Hill and taking on Poplar Bluff grad Tyler Hansbrough:

How hard do you think it is to get up a pick-up game in Chapel Hill? May and Williams played with former Tar Heels Jerry Stackhouse of the Dallas Mavericks, Brendan Haywood of the Washington Wizards, David Noel from the 2005 team and current Tar Heels Reyshawn Terry and Tyler Hansbrough.

Who was tougher to go against, Stackhouse or Hansbrough?

"Um," says May.

Come on.

"Hansbrough," says May. "Stackhouse is old and he's just trying to run up and down and stay in shape. But Tyler always makes it personal. He loves playing against (the pros), and that's what you love about him. He's intense even when we're having a shooting drill. That's why he's going to be a special talent."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I played Hansbrough in high school and I took him to school. I actually have a picture of me driving around him. I remember it clearly: He came out to the top of the key to guard me for some reason, and his ankles were as broke as a homeless man on a street corner. I don't understand why Sean May has such a hard time guarding him ... Maybe it's because May is not that good of a player. Can you say overrated?? Where's Sheldon Williams?

Anonymous said...

I remember that play, one of the best I've ever seen from a high school athlete. So xklude, where are you playing college ball at? Surely those skills got you some sort of scholarship...